March 5, 2009

Less Is More!

Salvatore Ferragamo (photos via style.com)
Less Is More - philosophy is embedded in the DNA of Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Narciso Rodriguez, and Prada, and all obliged for Fall with beautiful pared-down and precise visions. But this season, even fanciful types felt the urge to clean house. Stefano Pilati swapped his romantic notions for stark, architectural tailoring at Yves Saint Laurent, while Alber Elbaz spun plain into exquisitely pretty at Lanvin. Fall's new black? Black.
Bottega Veneta
Calvin Klein
Doo.Ri
Giambattista Valli
Givenchy
Hermès
Jeremy Laing
Junya Watanabe
Kai Kühne
Lanvin
MaxMara
Narciso Rodriguez
Prada
Sophia Kokosalaki
Stella McCartney
Terexov
Todd Lynn

Valentino

10 comments:

ilikestuff said...

I'm always kind of dreading the moment when this comes back in style. I can't help but love embellishments, and minimalism done "right" requires clothing that's impeccably tailored, i.e. expensive.

DIARIO DE UNA ESTILISTA said...

oops! this is not my style. Im more of a feminine girl!

Besos!!

Couture Carrie said...

Love that Lanvin! Post modern minimalism is so chic!

xoxox,
CC

P.S. How are we twins? Because we are both Scorpios? I was born on 11/11... When is your birthday?

Anonymous said...

I like a bit of minimalism in my wardrobe--it's always classic and can easily be updated!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Absolutely...I love'em all! Kisses.

ronald said...

this is TOO easy to do. No thought goes into minimalism. Very low risk. "Easy Route" if you will...

Non imaginative people dress simple.

Anonymous said...

Less is more in a ladylike way is my motto, great post !

xoxo

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Woo hoo for less is more! I am drawn to solid colors and don't often wear patterns. Many see that as boring, but I'd like to think classic hehe =)

Hemaly said...

I loove that Stella McCartney coat. It's just lovely.

Keith said...

I think there's a place for this, but I also love lots of colors.